Senator Bob Hooper House Hospice Regatta
Saturday, June 1, 2019
– Rendezvous at Red “D” Buoy – 5:30 pm
– Memorial Parade of Sails in front of Lighthouse – 5:30 to 5:50
– First horn – 6:00 (adjusted by race committee as needed)
– One course for all fleets
RACE START ORDER (please note change of boat flag)
– J 24 (code Flag ‘U’) (2 boats) / SPIN (code Flag 9,6,7) (3 boats)
– NS CRUISING (White Flag) (5 boats)
– NS PERFORMANCE (code Flag 5 ) (3 boats)
PARADE OF SAILS
– If bag delivered to your boat contains a memorial burgee, attach to starboard shroud or other visible location
– After check in with RC, proceed towards the Lighthouse, round the mark to port, and head towards race start
– Spectators and families will be on shore where your boat and burgee will be announced as you round the mark
– The Regatta is a fundraiser, and the race course will be set up for the best view of the race from the party
– There will be just one course posted for all fleets, but the separate starts will use the usual 5-minute sequence.
– Cruising boats should fly a plain white class flag; you may use the white boat bag provided in place of an official flag
– Awards will be presented in the VIP tent at around 9:00. The best overall winner qualifies for the National Hospice Regatta. Hard Cider will represent HDGYC in Charleston, SC this summer.
– After the race, remove the memorial burgee if you received one, and head directly to the party.
– A BBQ supper will await you, along with free beer, cash bar, live band, awards giving, and many special fundraisers and live auction.
– Hang the burgee on the line at the far side of the tent. Families will take them home.
– Separate tables will be marked for sailors.
If you have any questions, call Jen Mellinger